Payroll (Sage) gain a better understanding of this best selling payroll software.
Whether you are a complete beginner or experienced Payroll Administrator we have training courses designed to help you gain recognised Professional Qualifications. If you have never worked in Payroll or have previously worked in Payroll and have not received a qualification. You may wish to return to working in Payroll and need to update your knowledge, or already be employed in a Payroll processing role and wish to ensure that you have both a firm foundation and up to date knowledge.
For complete beginners with no experience or qualifications in Payroll we recommend the IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll which is available free on the ASPIRE programmme. We also offer a short non-accredited introduction course. The Level 1 is designed for complete beginners wishing to gain a recognised qualification.
As government legislation changes more and more companies are investing in Payroll. No other accounting software is relied upon for managing business effectively, every single day of the year and as a result most jobs advertised in Payroll are requiring the applicant to be competent with these packages.
What you will learn
• Gain a better understanding of this best selling payroll software
• Learn how to set up Company Settings
• Government Legislation
• Pension Schemes
• Pay Elements
• Add New Employees and change employee details
• Employee Records
• Changing Rates of Pay
• Wages Calculated on an Hourly Basis
• Manually Calculate Holiday Pay
• What to do when an Employee Leaves.
• Payment by BACS
• Process payroll, backup and update records to generate Year To Date values
IAB LEVEL 1 AWARD in COMPUTERISED PAYROLL
Introduces payroll record keeping and processing, giving the candidate the necessary underpinning knowledge and skills to record and process payroll transactions in semi-manual and computerised environment.
Who is this qualification for?
The qualification is aimed at learners who wish to gain an introduction to the study of payroll and gain a qualification at Level 1 of the regulated qualification framework, either from a point of no previous knowledge, or having worked in a payroll environment with no accredited payroll qualifications.
Learners who are considering a career as a self-employed practitioner will find the course invaluable as a starting platform, as will businesses owners who would like to be actively involved in the gathering and processing of payroll data and keeping of payroll records for their business.
What you’ll study….
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of Computerised Payroll Preparation
- Understand legislation in relation to computerised payroll and the role of the employer
- Understand the information required to prepare and submit an employee payroll record under Real Time Information regulations
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for different payroll periods
- Understand the principles of the PAYE & NIC systems in the UK
- Understand the difference between statutory and voluntary deductions
- Understand the internal and external procedures required for finalising the payroll under Real Time Information regulations
- Be able to set up a computerised payroll system using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to set up employee records and payroll data on a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be able to back up and/or restore payroll data
How is it assessed?
You need to achieve at least 70% in the Online Knowledge Test and the Online Assignment
1 – Online Knowledge Tests
Online Knowledge tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions. They are assessed via IABOnline and are open book. This might be taken in class or at home
2 – Online Assignments
Online Assignments are also assessed via IABOnline and are also open book. These are taken in class or at home and are short case study type questions with several tasks for each case study
We will be offering the qualification in Sept – Nov 2018 (commencing Wed 19 Sept for 10 weeks and finishing on 28 Nov) and again in Jan - Mar 2019 (commencing Wed 16 Jan and finishing on 6 Mar)
You will need to commit to attending all sessions.
Exam entrance is booked at least 5 weeks in advance to allow access to the practice papers online.