Payroll (Sage) gain a better understanding of this best selling payroll software.
The Payroll course is designed for both beginners and experienced Payroll Administrators, helping them achieve a recognised professional qualification.
Some students may have previously worked in, wish to return to work in or are currently working in a payroll position. Students may not have previously received a qualification, or wish to ensure that they have a firm foundation and up to date knowledge of payroll.
The IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll is recommended by staff at FRCI. The course is available for free on the ASPIRE programme. FRCI also offer a short non-accredited introduction course. The Level 1 is designed for complete beginners wishing to gain a recognised qualification.
As government legislation changes more and more companies are investing in Payroll. No other accounting software is relied upon for managing business effectively, every single day of the year and as a result most jobs advertised in Payroll are requiring the applicant to be competent with these packages.
What you will learn
• Gain a better understanding of this best selling payroll software
• Learn how to set up company settings
• Government legislation
• Pension schemes
• Pay elements
• Add new employees and change employee details
• Employee records
• Changing rates of pay
• Wages calculated on an hourly basis
• Manually calculate holiday pay
• What to do when an employee leaves.
• Payment by BACS
• Process payroll, backup and update records to generate year to date values